Bringing the Privacy Extension to your iOS devices!
When we launched the macOS Safari Extension Beta in July, we didn’t expect to get so many requests to bring the autofill experience to iOS.
We heard you loud and clear, and today we’re excited to announce the launch of the Privacy Browser Extension on iOS Safari!
Say goodbye to painstakingly switching between your Safari and Privacy apps to copy and paste card details one field at a time. With the iOS Safari Extension, we’ve brought the autofill experience that you know and love to your iPhone and iPad.
To enable our iOS Extension, just follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Privacy iOS app installed and are using iOS 15 or later
- Open the Safari App on your iPhone/iPad
- Tap aA (puzzle icon on iPad) in the address bar, then choose Manage Extensions
- Turn on the Privacy Extension and tap Done
To ensure you’re always able to autofill, you may also need to allow the Privacy Extension to access all websites:
- Select the Privacy Extension under the aA menu (puzzle icon for iPad)
- Select ‘Always Allow’ and ‘Always Allow on Every Website’ when prompted
Making the Most of the iOS Extension:
The Privacy iOS Extension will automatically detect checkout fields when browsing Safari.
Click the P icon on the bottom left of your screen to open up the Extension. You can then select an existing card, or create a new card, to autofill.
You can also access the Extension at any time by tapping aA and selecting the Privacy Extension.
If you encounter any issues or have suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at email@example.com. Your input is valuable and helps us continue to improve Privacy!